Saturday, August 06, 2005

R.S.V.P Messages

If you have an R.S.V.P. message you can leave it here. Click on comments below, tell us who you are and whether you can make it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calling the Low Countries....

Hello, Jeff here. I'm sitting here in old Landan Town, sipping some cheap wine, listening to Kraftwerk performing the model and having a browse (before you ask, it's just above the Nose).

I will, naturally, being joining you two for your marriage. Myself and Rick "winky" Senley are booked on flights already and were discussing the nice invitations we both received in the mail last week only last night in a bar in Greenwich shortly before Winky made an unscheduled, but not necessarily surprising entry. The only surprise was that he actually made the entry between two pieces of wholemeal bread that a poor unsuspecting young thing called Tina was buttering. Oh well, she'll get over it once the swelling has gone down. We've moved onto "Autobahn" now... Germanic humour eh? You can't beat it, except with a cucumber in a "flailing" motion. Or so Brian Cant told me...

Anyhoo, I've lots to tell you both next month (oh, I'll definitely be in Amsterdam the weekend of 10th 11th September on business - not sure if we have any downtime, lots of schmoozing to be down - I'll try to find out; we should meet up at some stage anyway). Yes, I'm in the glamorous world of PR now – how tings change eh? Loving it and working 8 days a week (I’ve written to Tony Blair – he reckons changing the week to 9 days might be a winner).

I’ll have to bring over some hot new “sounds” when I come; I’ve just heard a hot new band called “The Beatoes” – they play a scouse version of rock and roll purely with their toes – it’s great. They are lead by Paul Mckokoff and Ringo Stairs, owner of the stanner starlift company. Groovy.

Oh, I’ve got an official lady as well (really!) I thought 34 was a good age to start in that sort of thing. I spent my 20’s stamp collecting and grape stamping – both good pursuits singularly, but difficult to combine. I would often get confused and find myself stamping on a load of stamps wondering when the fermentation would start whilst simultaneously licking grapes and trying to stick them to first day covers. The folly of youth!

I guess I haven’t seen you for a few years big fellah – too long. We need to regularly meet up for stories, shenanigans and snooker.

Keep smiling Drew (yes, I know you are Patrick now, but I’ve been campaigning to stop my friends regularly changing names – only last week my mate Paul became llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, which, frankly (and Frank would have been easier) was a little much. So Charles, see you soon. Keep smiling, your brother Jeff.

Over and out.

Nurse, NURSE!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, all this blogging is generally a bit too trendy for a vicar to be engaged in. I'm thinking of putting 'The Chaplain's Blog' on our church website (www.christchurch.nl) - it's gotta be the way to go.

Patrick and Femke, we're looking forward to being there at your wedding - I'll be the bloke in the white dress standing up at the front of church.

Very sadly however, we won't be able to join you for the party...I've got another service to do on the other side of Holland, in Nijmegen which starts at about 4 o'clock, so I hope Femke won't be late arriving for your wedding.

I'll see you for the Rehersal after the Late Morning Service on Sunday 18th, together with as many dignitaries, family and friends as you can muster who need to know how the service goes. Have you decided on the hymns you want? We need to have the order of service printed before the rehersal so we all know what we're doing... you are going to memorise your vows aren't you???

Next week we're heading off to South of France for a couple of weeks holiday and will be back at the start of Sept, so see you then.

(Glad you felt welcome at Christ Church!!)
Mark & Sue Collinson

Anonymous said...

Hai Jongens,

Leuke site, ik heb niet zulke lange tekst als Jeff hoor.. gewoon groetjes.

p.s. Patrick, ik maak het je niet makkelijk. Je leest maar Nederlands!!

Kus,
Rodney en Liza

Anonymous said...

Lieve Fem en Sharkey

Hartstikke bedankt, voor jullie (overigens ontzettend leuke) uitnodiging
Wij komen en vieren dolgraag mee

Dikke kus

Rami en Karin

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrick and Femke,

Thanks loads for the invite - we'll definitely be there, can't wait.

Groetjes
Gill and Koen

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrick & Femke,

Definitely count me in! Looking forward to it.

Cheers - Lindsey

Charlie Sharkey said...

I'd post a picture of Mr Senley but the one I have is very disturbing.

Anonymous said...

How about Mr. Winky? Any known documentation????

Like he.. I'm putting my name on this one.

Anonymous said...

This is Brendan McColgan, Patrick's Shoe consultant. I am definitely coming. I will be packing my Jimmy Choo's and slipping into some highland brogues for the evening do. See you there.